Love in the middle!

I'm done with the embroidered wall hanging and it came out lovely, much beyond my expectations! I think its the simplicity of the pattern that makes it so charming. Here is the finished wall hanging.



I painted the plain wooden embroidery hoop with pink acrylic paint from Fevicryl and finished it with Modge Podge. Its my first time painting and finishing anything and I'm thrilled with the results. I'm glad I got a coordinating color for the hoop. I've only basted the fabric at the back so that its easy to remove and clean it if it gets dusty and dirty. Here is a close-up of the painted frame.



My design tracing skills need more practice. Can you see the wonkiness in the motif? I can.. ;-)


I love learning the names of the stitches I use. The stitches I used for this motif are back stitch, satin stitch , lazy daisy stitch , French knots and running stitch. I see many more embroidered wall hangings in my future. They are so much fun to make and gives you instant gratification. :-) Whats your favorite instant gratification project?

-Josie

This post is linked to FO Fridays hosted by Tami's Amis and Creative Friday hosted by Natural Suburbia.

Comments

Popular Posts