Dumpling pouch!

I've been wanting to make a zippered pouch with a curved opening for quite sometime. So, when I chanced upon this tutorial, I jumped at the chance to make one. There are 2 versions of this pouch and I made the easier one to start with, as its my first time sewing a zipper along a curve. Here is the cute pouch..


The exterior is re-purposed fabric from an old corduroy pants I had. I used some of this fabric to make my project bag sometime back. The lining is a cotton print I had in my stash. I love how the lining goes with the corduroy fabric.


The pouch is perfect for storing notions in a project bag..or as a coin purse. :-) The tutorial is very simple and straight-forward. I recommend it to anyone willing to try sewing zippers.  Here is the pouch turned inside-out.


This is going to be a gift for a dear friend. I hope she likes it.  I'll give the 2nd version a try some day.


-Josie

This post is linked to FO Friday hosted by Tami's Amis and Creative Friday hosted by Natural Suburbia

Comments

Popular Posts