Autumn Treatise!

The Autumn Treatise sampler is done and I'm in love with it. I love embroidery designs that are simple and quirky and this one fit the bill to a T. Since I like Fall colors on a tree, I chose them for the leaves. Here is the completed sampler.


I painted the embroidery hoop in red color to go with the theme and finished it with a few coats of Modge Podge. The design is Autumn Treatise from Urban Threads. I used back stitch and satin stitch for this sampler. I love the simple stitches in embroidery. Some day, I'll branch out to the textured stitches. But today, I'm enjoying the simplicity of the back stitch. Here is a close-up of the design..


The tree looks so happy and cheerful in Fall colors,doesn't it?! This is going to be a gift for a friend. :-) I have another sampler in progress.. I'll only give you a sneak peak at it at the moment, as I have bigger plans for the sampler. Here we go..


I'm loving this chaotic phase that I'm going through where I'm trying my hand at this and that and not sticking to a single hobby. I think its highly impossible for needle-crafters to stay loyal to one single hobby. So, tell me what are all your hobbies, both active and passive ones.. Is there a craft you've been wanting to try but, haven't had a chance to? I have one and that is weaving. I so want to learn it but, I don't have any means to try it anytime soon. What about you?

-Josie

This post is linked to FO Fridays hosted by Tami's Amis and Creative Friday hosted by Natural Suburbia.

Comments

Popular Posts