Happy Valentine's day!

For all the incurable romantics who are celebrating Valentine's day this year, Happy Valentine's Day! And, to the rest, every day is a Valentine's day. Isn't it?! so, Happy Tuesday! Here is a doodle heart from me to you!


I love the way it turned out. I'll get it framed soon. Since we are in the mood for hearts, here is another one called the Heart of darkness.


I embroidered this on tea-dyed cotton fabric. Its the same white fabric used for the doodle heart above...only dyed with tea. I recently stumbled upon tea-dyeing fabric and I'm glad I did. I love the rusty, antique and aged look it gives to the fabric and I can dye using stuff from my kitchen pantry. Here is a close-up comparison of the original and tea-dyed fabric.


Nice, isn't it?! OK. Forget tea-dyeing.. Tell me what's your plan for the Valentine's day.. Anything special planned? As I told you in my previous post, Alvin is my Valentine and he has gone to school now. ;-) Its your turn to share your story here..

-Josie

Comments

Popular Posts