House on a pillow!

Are you wondering what happened to the house sampler I talked about here ? Well.. it got itself a pair and they both became cushion covers. ;-) I started the sampler on a whim and it took its own course and ended up as this.


I used the reversed design for the second sampler. The pattern is from September House called ScandiStitches. I had these polka dot fabric in my stash and everything fell into place in the end. Here is a close-up of the sampler while it was on the hoop.


Its a pretty house. Isn't it? I used simple back stitches and French knots for this sampler. I winged the design for the cushion cover and it fits a 16 inch pillow form nicely. I made the covers as envelope style cushion covers, the simplest kind.


These were made as a gift for a friend and I had a tough time packing these as a gift. I so wanted to keep them for myself. ;-) Oh! Don't worry. I did send it to her and she has received it too. See! I'm not a bad girl after all! I like projects like this that turn out nicer than how I visualize when I start them.


Do you have projects like this..that turned out beyond your expectations? Do you have a link to it? I'd like to see projects that pleasantly surprised you..

-Josie

This post is linked to Creative Friday hosted by Natural Suburbia and FO Fridays hosted by Tami's Amis.

Comments

Popular Posts