I'm all a-hooking!

My interest is crochet is like a sine curve. For a long time, I forget that I know this craft and then out of the blue, I get this irresistible urge to hook! ;-) So, after one such hooking phase, I ended up with a bunch of crocheted FOs. I've been wanting to make this Granny Boutique Bag for a long time after seeing so many cute versions on it all over the web and I finally took the plunge. I made two of it.. The first one is made from Anchor knitting cotton and I used the yarn held double.


The second one was done using variegated acrylic yarn in fingering weight. I love how the colors pooled in this version.


The bags are perfect for use as any gadget cozy. Here are the bags with my Hubster's cellphone for scale. Did I tell you that I lost my phone 2 weeks back?! I was more saddened by the loss of my contacts stored in the phone than the loss of the phone itself. Serves me nicely for not backing-up the phone contacts. sigh 





Then, I finished the set of 6 coasters I showed you here. I love how they turned out. I used Summer Spiral Coasters pattern for these coasters and Anchor knitting cotton held double and 4mm hook.


I interchanged the colors for one half of the set. Can you make it out in the pic above? Look closely! you'll spot the difference. ;-) I backed the coasters with coordinating fabric more for saving my face than to add structure. My joins and finishing technique need more practice. ;-) Here is a shot of the back of the coasters.


I'm glad I had coordinating fabric in my stash. I'm happy with my crocheting session. I'm hoping to make many more crochet FOs in the future. But, something new has caught my fancy.. I'll tell you more about it in the coming days. Hope you all have a nice weekend!

-Josie

This post is linked to Creative Friday hosted by Natural Suburbia and FO Fridays hosted by Tami's Amis.

Comments

Popular Posts