Skirting around!

I had two sarong-style wraps sitting in my closet for more than 3 years. I bought them because I loved the fabric and they were 'wrapping' me perfectly fine. I wore them very few times and then, they went to hibernate in the innards of my closet. A recent rummaging of my closet brought them out of their hibernation and I tried them on to check if they still fit me! Alas! They wouldn't 'wrap' around my horizontally challenged physique. ;-) Then came the idea to convert them into skirts.. I have this almost-prepared rectangular piece of fabric with ready-made ties.. All I had to do was to sew the edges together to make a skirt.. Ain't I smart?!


I left an 8-inch slit on the side before seaming the two edges. I had to sew in darts at the back to make leeway for my derriere. ;-) But, it all worked out fine in the end and I am in love with the skirts. Here is a peak at the side-slit..


Here is the second skirt.. This fabric had a lovely border in the wrap and, sadly I had to chop it off to reduce it to skirt-length. Nevertheless, I am in love with this too.. The best part of making these skirts was that I made these two in under 30 mins as the fabric was already 'prepared'!


And, just because I couldn't get enough of the skirts.. here is one more pic...


I have to mention my Hubster here. It was my birthday on Monday and I had a lovely day, many thanks to my Hubster. We both took an off from work.. went for a movie and dinner. The highlight of the day was this gift from my guy..


A Nikon Coolpix L120! My older Sony Cybershot was becoming ancient and I wanted a replacement for that. So, Arun gave me an option to pick a camera or a smartphone for my birthday gift. After much debate, I decided to go for the camera.. A smartphone can wait for the moment, I guess. Thank you, Arun for the gift. You are the best!

I am having a fun week and I hope you are too..

Love,
Josie

Comments

Popular Posts