High Tides!

High Tides! It is my third scarf design and I am thrilled to introduce the design to you guys. This scarf design has been in the process since April and I am excited to finally release the pattern after a round of test-knitting. High tides is a reversible garter scarf based on the sea-foam stitch pattern. The scarf is knit on the bias and then blocked into a rectangular shape. The pattern can be easily customized to get a scarf of your desired length and width.


Since the scarf is garter based, it doesn't curl and the best part is , its reversible.. so, you can toss it around your neck and forget about it.. :-) I used a skein of Opal Speckles by Zwerger Garn and I got a 90 inch long scarf(which is too long IMO). The yarn was a gift from Rima from YarnyDays


The pattern is available in written format only. I do have a chart that I charted by hand. But, creating the chart in MS Excel or Inkscape turned out to be very tedious and I couldn't create a decent image that I could insert into the pattern PDF. So, I gave up charting this pattern. sigh 


Its an easy pattern for experienced knitters and a fun pattern for beginners and advanced beginners too. The stitch pattern is very easy to memorize and once you get the hang of the pattern, it goes smoothly like a meditation.. This scarf makes for an excellent project for travel-knitting or TV-knitting. :-)


This pattern is available as a free Ravelry download. So, click on the images in this post or go to the Free Patterns tab at the top of this page to download the pattern . Make a scarf or a shawl with this versatile pattern. I hope you enjoy knitting this pattern as much as I had fun creating it. If you do so, please don't forget to share the pics.. :-)

Here are my project stats:
Pattern: High Tides by Jocelyn P Prasad
Yarn: Opal Speckles by Zwerger Garn
Needle: US 6 or 4mm
Ravelry project page: High tides!

I would like to thank my test-knitters Annika, Dianne , Lynda , Abby, Rachel, Miriel, Akshata, Denise, Tiffany , Christina for combing out the errors and typos in the pattern and giving me great feedback on the pattern. You guys are the best! :-)

-Josie

Comments

Popular Posts