Sewing up a storm!

Yes. That's what I've been doing these days. I started a scrappy quilt for my bed. I wanted to learn foundation  paper-piecing for making quilt tops and zeroed-in on diagonal stripes quilt block pattern to learn foundation paper- piecing. This is a perfect pattern for a scrappy quilt and I decided to use up almost all the fabrics from my stash. I've been having the same fabric stash for more than a year and I am tired of looking at the same fabric all.the.time. So, my aim is to use up all the fabrics I have at the moment and then go fabric-shopping with a fresh mind. ;-) I am selecting fabrics at random to make the block. I only hope they look good in the finished quilt. Here are the blocks I have made so far..



I have made about 18 blocks and I have about another 100 more to go. Did I tell you that I have a queen-size bed and a quilt for that will measure approx 90 X 90 inches? So, it will be another decade a few months before this quilt will be complete. But, I will conquer this quilt, I swear! There are many videos on foundation paper piecing on youtube and I referred to this one to learn the technique.


I got a quilting foot for my sewing machine and it was fun to try free motion quilting or stippling as they call it. My practice pieces came a bit wonky but, I enjoyed making squiggly lines using the quilting foot. And, there is a very useful tutorial on free-motion quilting or stippling on the Oh! Fransson blog. Here is a close-up of my  initial attempts at stippling..



This post is linked to WIP Wednesday hosted my Tami's Amis. Click on the image below to see more WIPs on a Wednesday.


-Josie

Comments

Popular Posts