Your knitting and crochet time - 2KCBWDAY7


Write about your typical crafting time.

Mine is usually in the evenings..after I pick up Alvin from his day-care and get back from my work. I have a cup of coffee, freshen up and chat with Alvin about his day. After this, I decide what is for dinner and prepare that.. Once dinner is done, I let Alvin do whatever he wants and unwind myself with a bit of crafting. But, I try to squeeze a few crafting moments here and there all through the day, if I am at home. I don't take any projects to office as I never get any time for myself there. This pic was taken today at my living room by my Hubster especially for this post.


That is Alvin making his trademark goofy face for the snap. ;-) I am making the straps for my summer sling tote. And, yes. I am crocheting with my apron still on. Why do you ask?! I was in the middle of some chores and got a breather in between and that's my shoe-box WIP basket on my lap holding the yarn and pattern. I usually sit in my living room on the cane sofa, with the T.V set on a music channel or a nice movie/series and work on my projects. I have  large French doors in my living room opening into a balcony, giving me ample natural light during the day for me to work with.


Hubster obliged with a few more photos and here is a close-up of me working on the Summer sling tote. Yes. I am feeling a bit shy in front of the camera.. Rare are the days when I don't get some crafting time. I think my hobbies keep me sane.. so, I have to have my daily fix of yarn and fiber. ;-)


Of course, I can not get quality crafting time when Alvin is awake during the day. I spend some time on knitting or crochet or whatever is the craft for the day after Alvin has gone to sleep, if I have some energy left in me. More often than not, I prefer a book before crashing into my bed.  I also LOVE knitting in the early morning although, I do not get much chance to do this often these days. I like the quiet and calm of the early morning and the feel of yarn flowing through my fingers.. It feels very zen-like..almost like meditation.


Someday, I want to go on a knitting vacation... but, till then..I will take my knitting vacations in my living room with Alvin interrupting me a bazillion times before I make a single stitch. ;-) So, tell me what your favorite time to knit or crochet? Leave a comment and let me know. :-)

Today is day 7 and last day of the 2nd Annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week and its my first time participating in this event. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed writing every post I wrote as a part of this blog week. I entered the blog week skeptical about my blogging skills...wondering if I will be able to bring out blog content for 7 days in a row. But, by mid-week I realized that I was looking forward to waking up in the mornings to write a post.. This blog week has pushed me to think about how to tell a story rather than write a post. I feel happy about my blog and proud of this virtual world I have created here. Thank you for every one who dropped by or left a comment. You all make my day everyday.


-Josie

Comments

Popular Posts