And now for something completely different - 2KCBWDAY5


There are no rules of a topic to blog about but this post should look at a different way to present content on your blog. 

This post is a confession. Confession of my obsession for earrings. I have an obscene amount of earrings for everyday wear. Not expensive gold and platinum ones. The simple and eclectic ones that do not cost you much..but, gives you so.much.joy to wear! I have an earring fetish! ;-) The last time I counted them, I had about 80 pairs. I can't show you my entire earring collection because that will mean a LOT of snaps here. So, I decided to show you my most favorite ones in my entire collection. Disclaimer: This is an image-heavy post. If you don't like too many images at one go, please enter at your own risk.. Also, I am not a jewelry or close-range product photographer. So, I've tried my best to capture what I see in my earrings. I hope you enjoy it. 

Here is my most favorite pair of earrings in my entire collection. This earring reflects the colors I have in my wardrobe and it goes with almost all my dresses. :-)


Here is a pair of filigree earrings that are my favorites.. I love the cheerful blue color it is.. I have a dress that goes with this earring. Y'know.. I buy a pair of earrings only if they catch my eye at the first look. If I am dithering if I should buy them or not, I decide not to buy. I need to get the feeling that I-have-to-have-them.. Only then do I buy a pair of earrings.


 Here are a pair of earring that I bought almost 7 years ago. I was out shopping with a friend of mine and I lost one of the earrings I was wearing then. I hate to walk around with no earring or just one earring. So, I entered a shop and came out wearing these..


Here is my most recent purchase of earrings. I bought these earrings in two colors.. They caught my 'eye' right away and I didn't think twice before snapping them from the store shelf. ;-)


Here is another favorite of mine that goes with a few dresses I have. I modified these earrings to suite my taste. They didn't come with the 3 drops below the bead. I didn't  like the look of it earlier but realized that they have the potential to look better. So, I did a small surgery on them and removed the earlier hangings and added the metal beads at the bottom.


And, just because I enjoyed taking pictures of these, here is an 'artistic' shot of the earrings..


And, here is one earring that I don't have any matching dress for. I bought them on a whim as they looked so very pretty. Maybe I should take them with me when I go dress shopping next to buy a dress that goes with them. Good idea,huh?!


The earrings look so brilliant that I think I will have a tough time finding a dress for them. And, do you see a pattern here?! Most ladies I know buy their dresses first and then buy accessories for them. But, not me! I buy my earrings first and then buy my clothes to go with them. Obsession much?! And, just because I went camera-crazy with these, here are a few more pics of them..


They do look like little drops of heaven ,don't they?! Now that you know the 'ugly' side of me, you tell me what your silly obsession is? I would like to hear from you.

-Josie

Comments

Popular Posts