Something to aspire to - 2KCBWDAY6


Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant?

Of course. I fear one thing and one thing only in knitting. Gauge! If you see my Ravelry notebook, you will see quite a few number of scarves, shawls and bags. But, you will not see a clothing item like a sweater or a cardigan. The only cardigan I have finished is the one I made for Baby Viru. And, baby things don't count much for gauge,right?! So, knitting an adult sweater or a cardigan is something I aspire to do this year. I do have one in progress which is hibernating worse than the meanest Grizzly! Its Odelia by Julie Weisenberger. Here is the progress so far..


About 10 inches from the bottom, and its owner is scared of knitting it further. What if it doesn't fit me? What if its too large for me? Its a bottom-up cardigan knit entirely in stockinette stitch - my favorite stitch. But, its been hibernating for a long time now. I see people churning out sweaters and cardigans by the dozen and think to myself, someday I will knit myself an cardigan and wear it proudly on myself. But, I am not sure if I will see that day in the near future.. Here is an earlier shot of  Odelia..


and, yes! That is an earring of mine moonlighting as a stitch marker... Thank you for all the earring love for my previous post. My earrings feel very appreciated. ;-) So, will 2011 be the year in which Josie defeats her fear of gauge and knits her first ever adult cardigan? or, will it be just another year of scarves,shawls and bags?! Only time will tell. :-)

So, tell me what do you aspire to do in knitting or crochet or whatever hobby that is yours? Share with me in the comments as I would like to hear from you.

-Josie

Comments

Popular Posts