Tidy mind, tidy stitches. - 2KCBWDAY3


How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised? It seems like an easy to answer question at first, but in fact organisation exists on many levels.

I am not known for my organization skills. In fact, I am bad at it. So, today's topic has stumped me..leaving me scrambling for words. Living in a 3-bedroom apartment has its advantages as I have turned the kid's room into my craft room. This has helped me contain my craft stash in one room although you can find a yarny project in all the rooms in my home. The project I am working on will be in the living room, living in a up-cycled shoe box. I love shoe-boxes. They are perfect for holding a WIP while you are at home. Here is my current project residing in its shoe box. Its the Summer Sling Tote that I am making as a part of the Bag-Join-Along in the South Asian Crafters group on Ravelry.


I line the exterior of the shoe boxes with fabric and tack it down with fabric glue to add some zing to the boxes. Here is another shoe box holding Odelia - my first ever adult sweater! Its been hibernating in this cozy shoe box for more than 4 months. :D


Since I also sew, I have made a few project bags to carry my projects around. I believe in the fact that a girl can never have too many bags and a knitter/crocheter can never have too many project bags. So, let me parade the project bags I have made for my knitting and crochet projects..  My most favorite is the one I made very recently..


I am yet to stuff this one with a project. I wrote about this bag here. however, I put my cute Ravelry buttons on it to prepare it for its purposeful life as my favorite project bag. This was a totally DIY project bag as I did not 'follow' any tutorial or have any pre-determined measurements set. Here is a pic of my RavButtons..


Next in line is this one I made following Kate from Needled's tutorial. This bag is my constant companion while I go on long trips and vacations. I blogged about this bag here.. It carries my Malabrigo Montego Bay scarf currently and its growing slowly as I work on the scarf only when I am travelling.


Here is the picture of the scarf spilling out of its cozy habitat..



I do have a knitted project bag. Its the famous Katia Jamaica Pouch.. perfect for a hat project. I blogged about the bag here..

Its currently carrying my Sockhead hat project. Here is the hat peeking out of the pouch..


This is not all of my projects, if you are thinking so. I do have projects living in ziploc bags.. Do you think I should make more project bags for all the WIPs or try to finish the WIPs to keep the WIP population  under control? It is an interesting conundrum, don't you think?!

-Josie

Comments

Popular Posts