My first handspun!

I've got so many things to learn.. so many things to try.. but, so little time to accomplish all of them! Spinning has been on my radar for a long time and I purchased a drop spindle spinning kit on Etsy on a whim. It arrived promptly and I gave the spindle a try.. Oh! why-oh-why did I do that?! I've been enjoying it immensely..so much so that spinning should be made illegal! ;-) Remember the spinning in progress I showed you here? What happened to it, you might ask. It became this positively fugly yarn..



I don't think I'll use this yarn.. I'll keep it as a reminder of how far I've come in spinning as time goes.. I spin for minimum of half an hour every evening to get more practice and I can see the improvement in the consistency of my drafting skills. I've got a long way to go before I can spin the yarn I want.. but, I'm getting there in baby-steps.. I have started spinning the hand-dyed roving that came with the kit and here is a sad night-time photo of the progress..



Then, I made some quilled cards to send with a few packages.. I love how simple and easy this craft is.. definitely an easy way to personalize your gifts and mails..




I have a few more cards to make before I can mail those packages out.. :-) I've got a busy day tomorrow! Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

-Josie

This post is linked to FO Fridays hosted by Tami's Amis. Go here or click on the image below for more FOs on a Friday.



Comments

Popular Posts