Love you,Dad!

My Dad is retiring today after 33 years of Government service. Its a poignant moment for him and I am sad that I couldn't be with him today. I don't know how he feels about his retirement. I hope that he enjoys this new phase in his life and makes the most of the restful days. I was reminded of my days of living at my parents' home and how he took care of me and my brother when my mom was living in a different city 'cos of her job. He has been a pillar of strength for me all through these years and always has a listening ear when I pick up the phone for a whining session. ;-) Here is a picture of him getting to know Alvin, when Alvin was just a few days old.


I hope that my Dad takes good care of himself, and enjoys this well-deserved retirement. And, I hope to see more of him in the coming days, now that he has more time to visit us. Thank you, Dad for being the person you are. Enjoy your retirement. :-) Here is another snap of Alvin wailing his heart out, in my Dad's arms.


I love you , Dad. I miss you today.

-Josie

Comments

Popular Posts