Look what I got for Christmas!

I love receiving surprise items in mail.. don't we all?! I rarely pass up a good chance to participate in a swap. I like putting together a mystery package for my swap buddy hoping that they would like it while I stalk my mailbox everyday for my mystery package to arrive. I participated in a Secret Santa Yule swap in Ravelry and I got my package yesterday. My secret Santa is Cathy from Mercerville,U.S and she sent me a lovely package. The swappers are supposed to open their packages on Christmas day. But, me being myself, I waited exactly 2.39secs before I ripped into the package. ;-) Here is how it went :

I opened the package to peek at the goodies..and, there was this gorgeous blue-green yarn staring at me.. I ripped into it and couldn’t believe what I saw there. I was looking at a gorgeous skein of Mad Tosh merino light yarn in my fave blue-green combination. Madeline Tosh! in.my.hands. I would never have thought that I would get a chance to meet a Mad Tosh yarn.


In this excitement, I almost forgot to see the lovely pair of fingerless gloves in a pretty stitch pattern in a soft yarn. Then, I slipped my hands into the gloves and they felt oh so warm on my hands.. The funny thing is.. I commute on my bike to work and these days, its getting very chilly and my fingers freeze while I am riding.So, I was just thinking yesterday on my way back from work that I should knit my first pair of gloves for my bike rides. And..lo..what I see in my package!? My first pair of gloves!! I feel that the knitting Gods have been watching out for the package and me.


And, not to forget the teeny-weeny Hiya-Hiya yarn snipper.. Its the cutest notion I’ve seen till now and its gonna go right into my project bag to travel with me always. Thank you so much Cathy for the lovely package. Here is the entire loot:


I hope my swap buddy likes the package I sent. I can't reveal what I made for her till she opens the package. All I know is, she has received it and is waiting like a good girl for Christmas day to open it. :-) I am keeping my fingers crossed that she likes the package. Its starting to feel like Christmas now, isn't it?!

Merry Christmas to all my lovely readers!

-Josie

Comments

Popular Posts