Are you a hobby butterfly??

I'm a certified hobby butterfly! I can't stick to one single hobby.. I believe in picking up a hobby, pursuing it to obsessive levels and quitting it cold turkey, before moving on to another hobby. Anyone else out there like me?! This results in my house overflowing with hobby supplies related to too many crafts. Quilling is one such hobby that I picked up along the way and gave up way too easily. Recently, I've been seeing amazing quilled work on the craft forums and on pinterest. It revived my interest in quilling and I've been doing it for a few weeks now. I came across quilled typography projects that were so beautiful that I wanted to try it it. Let me tell you. Its not for the faint of heart. You need buckets of patience and nimble hands to do quilled typography projects. Since I had to try this, I traced the alphabet A and quilled it thus:


The toughest part in this is making the alphabet's outline. Once that is done, the fun quilling part begins. When I quilled this, I didn't have the necessary tools to get precise corners in the outline. So, this came out pretty rustic. I like it nevertheless. Motivated by this piece, I decided to make nameplates for my boys to hang on their room door. I bought a pair of tweezers to fold the corners perfectly and  I completed making the outlines for their names. See how much difference a pair of tweezers could make to the project.



Pretty neat, huh?! I made this on A4 printer paper. I plan to mount these outlines on an MDF board and finish the quilling on it. I did a practice run for this by quilling an ampersand last night and I'm thrilled with the way it came out.



Since I can only work on my hobbies after the boys have gone to bed, the nameplate project is going in snail pace. It took me a week to complete the outlines for their names. I hope to finish this project in time for this challenge happening on MV Pratyusha's blog here: Pratvam Progs Pratyusha does awesome quilling work. Check out her FB page here: Pratvam Progs

So, my question for you peeps this week is.. Are you a hobby butterfly? List all the crafts you've tried till date.. even if you attempted it only once. I'd like to hear about your hobbies. Maybe, I'll pick a new one after hearing from you. :D

-Josie

PS: This post is linked to Tami's Amis WIP Wednesday

Comments

Popular Posts