FOs - nice and not-so-nice!

Ever came across a situation where your best of intentions have gone wrong?! When I started making framed embroidery samplers, I got the frames done by a professional framer( Is that even a word?!). A thought struck  me and I said.. Why not bind the samplers like you'd bind a quilt?! Then, the entire sampler will be made by me! Have you ever felt that something is not turning out as you expected but, you still keep going in the hope that it will be alright in the end, only to discover otherwise. Yes. That's what happened here. sigh Now, I've learnt that I should leave the framing work to the professionals. See the wonky Soft-kitty sampler.


I'm sure if Sheldon or his Mama sees this, they'll think that I'm sick and sing the same song back to me! ;-) I love how the embroidered text came out. Its only the binding that turned wonky and spoilt the whole thing. sigh I was planning to gift this to someone but, alas! I can't gift something that I don't like. That's not fair,right?! I don't have the heart to undo the binding and take out the sampler. I guess I'll have to make another one.


Moving away from sad samplers, here are the frames I made for Alvin's teachers. I got them done in on-the-table style frames so that they can leave it at their desk at work. Two frames for his two teachers.




I love how these came out. I hope his teachers like it as well.

Thank you all for the lovely comments on heirlooms on my previous post. Thank you to everyone who shared lovely stories of the heirlooms in your family. I got some fresh flowers yesterday.. and, my Grandma's ceramic jar was just perfect for them.




I plan to buy fresh flowers now and then and put them in this jar on my kitchen counter. They look so cheerful at the counter,don't they?! All of us are recovering from one or the other seasonal illnesses.. so, this weekend will be all about recharging our energies. What are your plans for this weekend? Anything interesting?

-Josie

Comments

Popular Posts