Egyptian Coils!

Do you know how you stumble upon some new technique and fall in love with it head over heels and you wonder why you never tried it earlier?! No? Yes?? That's how I feel today about Egyptian Coils. I feel like writing an ode to them.. Oh! Coils! Egyptian Coils! Where have you been all my life?! (ok! I'm probably going nuts here!)  A late night wire wrapping session resulted in this pair of earrings.. and they were the start..


It was love at first sight. A pair of simple yet sophisticated earrings.. As with anything else I fall in love with,  I had to make another gazillion pairs using this technique. The best part of making an earring is the selection of the beads. I wish I had an endless supply of beads to select from. But, alas! I have a limited stash of beads. So, I really love this process of putting a bead to the wire form to bring it all together. My most favorite pair so far is this..


I love how the brown colored beads go with the copper wires. I made one with a blue onyx too..


Then, I made a variation of these with two Egyptian coils together. I love how that came out too..


Love the sky-blue glass bead on this. Since I was in a downward-spiral already (See, what I did there?!) , I decided to make a few spiral earrings.. Here is my favourite in that.. Love the cheerful yellow bead on it.


Now, for a small announcement.. I've started selling the jewelry I'm making.. I'm currently shipping only within India. Its mostly copper and brass wire jewelry at the moment. If you are interested in buying any of these earrings , click on the images and you will be taken to my FB page for the details. Like my page too, while you are at it, to get the regular updates. :-)

Until the next post,
Ciao!

Comments

Popular Posts