Howdy??

Where do I start?? From where I left off? What prompted me to dust the cobwebs here and write this post? A chance discussion about social media during coffee break at work made me mention my long-forgotten blog. I shared the link to this blog to my colleagues (Very few know about my crafty side at my day-job!) which prompted me to visit this sad little blog. I felt sad when I couldn't recollect the last time I visited this page. *sad face*  So, why not revive the blog and breathe some life into it?! Today is as good as any other day.

So, here is what happened during my break from blogging.. The boys are growing like weed. The elder one, Alvin is 7yrs old and will be a Second Grader in June. The younger one, Alan is 2 and a half yrs old and is naughty as ever. Both the boys keep me busy in what little time I have leftover from my day-job. I do try to snatch a few minutes here and there to indulge the creative side of my brain. I'm also trying to lose some weight and regain my health and fitness.

Now, onto to my hobbies... wire-wrapped jewelry has taken my fancy these days. I'm a newbie at it and learning it all by myself. Its been going good so far and I have plans to attend a workshop to learn the art of making wire-wrapped jewelry. Let me share the first ever piece of wire-wrapped jewelry I made.


I loosely followed this tutorial from StudioDax. This pendant involved wire wrapping and hammering. Hammering is FUN!! Egged on by the success of this pendant, I made another pendant along similar lines..


This spiral pendant was based on this tutorial by Zoraida. Both are simple and minimalistic designs and a perfect introduction to the art of making wire-wrapped jewellery. Its an addictive craft and you need a bunch of basic tools like pliers and hammers and you can make your own jewellery. So, if you are on the fence about learning this craft, go ahead and jump in with your two feet. I assure you it will be fun..

So, my dear readers, what have you been upto? Fill me in with the deets. Give me all the goss!! :-)  I hope to be regular here.. so, thank you so  much for sticking with me, even though I wasn't around. Until the next post...

-Josie

Comments

Popular Posts