A quilt for the little one!

Ages ago, I started an ambitious (as always) quilting project. A Queen-size quilt for my bed using fabric scraps. A scrappy quilt! I was tired of my old fabric stash and I wanted to get rid of it. So, I decided to make a scrappy quilt  using all the fabrics in my stash. This was in the year 2011. You might have read about it here. I made a bunch of squares and then the project went into hibernation.


So, when I found out that I was pregnant with Alan, I went on a cleaning spree around the house and got reunited with the quilt blocks from this project. I got an idea to downsize the quilt and make a baby quilt for the baby using these squares. I made a total of 36 squares and used white cotton fabric that I had in large quantities for sashing. The white makes the scrappy squares pop out. Here is the quilt top after I pieced it.


I was about 7 months pregnant when I worked on this quilt. I decided to make a pieced backing as I didn't have enough of one fabric for the backing and I really didn't want to haul my pregnant self to the fabric shops. Here is the pieced backing..


I debated between stitch-in-the-ditch quilting and free-motion quilting and ended up doing FMQ on the scrappy squares alone. There are some puckers in the quilting. But, I don't think Alan cares. :P Here is the front of the quilt after quilting.


Cheerful, isn't it?? I forgot the exact dimensions of this quilt and I'm too lazy to measure it now. But, its a good-sized quilt for a child to grow into. The quilt doesn't get used much. But, its always there on the bed for someone to snuggle into, when the weather takes a colder turn. Here is Alan tumbling on the quilt.. This pic was taken a month back.



I'm glad I saw this project to completion as I'm not as good at completing projects as I'm at starting them. I'm a pro a procrastinating. :P I came across this infographic on procrastinators.. I'm a side-tracker with a little bit of cleaner thrown in. What kind of procrastinator are you? What are you procrastinating now? I'm supposed to be working on a crochet bag... But, since I'm a pro at this procrastinating thing, I'll let it hibernate for a leetle while..

Its a Friday. So, I wish you peeps a lovely weekend. I'm going to have another hectic weekend. I'll come up for air on Monday, once the dust settles on the weekend. Happy weekend, guys!

-Josie

Comments

Popular Posts