Psychedelic scarf!

Remember the Noro Kureyon that I spoke about here.. I made the Noro Striped scarf out of 4 skeins of Noro Kureyon and here it is all finished in a jiffy. I call it the Psychedelic scarf..as it was fun watching the colors change.. It is an 'un-put-downable' scarf with no boring moments although it is a simple 1 X 1 rib stitch.


The yarn has a lovely texture.. I do not mind the thick and thin nature of the yarn. My only beef with the yarn was the un-spun part of the yarn. There were only 2 knots in the skein, one each in 2 skeins and thankfully, there were no abrupt color changes with the knots. The colors are vibrant and it makes for a fun and feminine scarf..


I reversed the yarns knitting from outside of the skeins when I crossed the half-way mark hoping that the colors reverse symmetrically.. and, I think I got lucky..Can you see how similar the color transitions are in both the halves of the scarf?


The scarf is hypnotic to knit..to see the color changes happen. There were times when I was at work craving to get back home to work on this scarf. truly hypnotic! This is my favorite color transition in the scarf..


The slipped selvedge is magical and hides all the yarn changes. Makes for a nice finish.. The scarf is 78 inches long and 7 inches wide. I started with 41 stitches but, felt that the scarf was too narrow. So, I increased the stitches to 45 and I like this width.


As you can see, I went camera-crazy with this scarf. I did block the scarf but, not very aggressively as I wanted it to look like a stockinette stitch scarf. The weather in Bangalore is getting hotter by the day and I am not sure when I will get to use this scarf in the future.


Stats:
Started: Feb 12,2011
Completed: Feb 27,2011
Yarn: Noro Kureyon ; 4 skeins in 2 colorways
Needles: 4.5 mm (US#7)
Ravelry project: Psychedelic scarf!

And, as the tradition goes, I cast on for another shawl.. a Whippoorwill in a self-striping yarn in my fave colors. I think I am getting addicted to self-striping yarn and my knitting style has changed a bit too. I want the yarn to do the magic rather than my knitting..as evident from my psychedelic scarf.. Whippoorwill is a simple stockinette stitch shawl perfect for showing off gorgeous yarns.. I hope mine turns out nice like the other projects I see on Ravelry in this pattern. Here is the progress so far.


I hope all my readers are fine and your crafty life going in full steam as mine. Take care and be safe.

-Josie

Comments

Popular Posts